Metta School is a special education school that caters to students with mild intellectual disability and / or mild autism spectrum disorders, between 7 to 21 years old. Our wide range of school programmes include broad-based foundational years and basic education in functional skills as well as specialized vocational training leading to national certification.
As part of our expansion, we are recruiting suitably qualified professionals to join our team of committed and passionate staff and work synergistically to serve our special needs students.
1. OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST
- Assess & identify individual or group-based needs for students with special needs with respect to occupational therapy issues.
- Develop and implement appropriate individualised OT Programme to address their needs.
- Liaise with parents, teachers and other allied health professionals to provide multidisciplinary support to the students.
- Evaluate and monitor progress at regular intervals and review for their effectiveness and relevance
- Maintain updated client records, therapy resources, occupational therapy programmes / intervention and report
- Degree in Occupational Therapy with full registration from AHPC
- Member of Singapore Association of Occupational Therapists
- Experience working with mild intellectual disability and /or autism spectrum disorders would be an advantage
- Good team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Preferably with 2 – 3 years of relevant working experience
2. SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER
- Plan Individual/Group Education Plans, Schemes of Work and Weekly Lesson Plans for each semester / week
- Design lessons, meaningful activities, and assessment tasks.
- Teach academic and non-academic subjects to pupils aged between seven and
eighteen by applying the school curriculum in daily lessons in classroom or special room settings
- Monitor pupils’ progress, achievements and participation in school activities through appropriate documentation and recordkeeping
- Implement interventional strategies with/alongside Allied Health Professionals to
assist pupils with specific learning difficulties with speech, gross or fine motor skills, social interaction skills or psychological-related issues
- Prepare and use a varied choice of appropriate teaching and instructional aids and
ICT to cater to the different levels of learning abilities in pupils
- Guide and equip pupils with the pre-requisite skills needed for future employment
- Plan and organise outdoor activities including overnight camps and fieldtrips
- Collaborate with parents through various means such as telephone calls, emails,
notes, letters, Parent-Teacher Conferences or home visits to facilitate pupils’ overall growth and development
- Degree or diploma from a recognized local educational institution
- Graduate with full ‘A’ level and
- 2 ‘A’/H2 Level passes and 2 ‘AO’/H1 Level passes (including General Paper or Knowledge Inquiry)
- 2 ‘A’ Level passes and 2 ‘AO’ Level passes (including General Paper)
- Must have at least 5 ‘O’ level credits, with at least a B grade in English and Mathematics
- Trained with Diploma in Education or Diploma in Special Education (DISE) and relevant experience in teaching special needs students are an advantage
3. JOB COACH
- Perform job matching and job re-design
- Develop transition plan for individual student from school to open employment
- Source for suitable employers
- Monitor student progress, achievements and participation at workplace through appropriate documentation and recordkeeping
- Working closely with employer partners and their employees in understanding our students at workplace
- Min Diploma from recognized institution / 5 GCE “A” &/or “O’ level credits
- Trained with Diploma in Special Education (DISE) is an advantage
- Relevant experience in working with special needs students is preferred
- Ability to establish rapport and motivate others
Interested candidates are to submit their detailed resumes stating current and expected salary to email@example.com. We regret that only short-listed applicants will be notified for an interview.